The Federal Ministry of Health Global Health Protection Programme
The Federal Ministry of Health (Bundesministerium für Gesundheit, BMG) supports Global Health Protection Programme (GHPP). The main focus is supporting partner countries and the WHO in epidemic prevention measures.
The following institutions are involved in the Global Health Protection Programme on the German side:
Main areas of the programme
1. Rapid expert help with disease outbreaks
2. Epidemic prevention
- Strengthening the implementation of the International Health Regulations (IHR/IHR)
- Infection prevention and control, combating antimicrobial resistance
- Strengthening regulatory competencies for blood, blood products, vaccines and pharmaceuticals
- Research cooperation and promotion of young researchers
3. Support for international organisations, in particular WHO
Partner countries of the Programme
The programme's 28 projects cooperate with 38 partner countries in Africa, Asia and Southeastern Europe.