The Federal Ministry of Health Global Health Protection Programme
The Federal Ministry of Health (Bundesministerium für Gesundheit, BMG) has launched a Global Health Protection Programme. The main focus is providing partner countries with support with the development of steps for the prevention of epidemics.
The following institutions are participating in the Global Health Protection Programme:
Main focus of the projects:
Assistance in sending intervention teams to combat outbreaks of disease. Training of scientific personnel.
Transfer of methods and knowledge:
- Core capacities of the International Health Regulations
- Identification of emerging infectious diseases
- Antimicrobial resistance surveillance
- Rational anti-infective use
- Safety and quality of blood and blood products
- Regulatory training in the field of vaccines and biomedical therapeutics
Joint research activities
- Investigation of outbreaks with haemorrhagic fever
- Causes, burden of disease and antibiotic resistance profiles of bacterial infections
Global Health Protection Programme partner countries
The programme’s sub-projects are undertaken in cooperation with partner institutions in 18 countries in Africa and Asia where there is a need to encourage the implementation of the International Health Regulations. Further countries are to be included into the projects at later stages.