GET PrepaReD helps partner countries prepare for and respond to outbreaks of infectious diseases. Depending on the partner country’s requirements and commitments, this project can address all stages in the crisis management cycle.
GET PrepaReD supports partner countries with the following objectives:
- Advancement of surveillance systems for the early detection of outbreaks
- Development of crisis plans
- Practical training on the epidemiology of infectious disease
- Fast assembly of crisis centres to ensure communication and coordination in the event of health emergencies
- Deploying international experts
- Retrospective incident management evaluations
- Creating and carrying out realistic training exercises
These objectives are incorporated into Federal Government concepts and strategies and implemented in close coordination with other national partners (e.g. BNITM, GIZ) and international actors (ECDC, WHO, EC).
Aims of the Project
- Preventing outbreaks of infectious diseases in partner countries (prevention)
- Enabling targeted control measures by being well prepared (preparedness)
- Fast and competent epidemiological responding and containing (response) the spread of infections
- National Institutes of Public Health (NIPH) of Albania, Kosovo, Montenegro and North Macedonia
Last update: December 2022